Cross-Post from MC List: Unicode support in Menus, etc.?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Jan 27 02:30:12 EST 2004

This post was sent to the MC list by a person investigating whether or
not to use Revolution to port SC projects over:

response to my email.

Here is my question:

Can you get Text Direction in Runtime Revolution. That is Right-to-Left?

Does it work via script or is it embedded in the menus?

Your reply is most urgent and important, as I am making plans to
purchase
your software to convert SC projects.

Best regards

------------------

Can anyone provide this person direction on his questions? He's
obviously frustrated with the support he's been getting...

BTW: I, too, am interested to know just how other languages are handled
in menus. For example, suppose someone wanted to make a program that
allowed the user to switch between English and Farsi on command... once
the language was chosen from the Mac's language menu, would the fields
in Rev just "adapt"? What about changing menu item names and menu titles
to a chosen language? How would that be implemented?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/