What is Rev doing?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jan 26 12:11:13 EST 2004

On Jan 26, 2004, at 2:26 AM, Ken Ray wrote:

>> revScriptEdit is the message that allows you to option-command hover
>> over any control and thereby edit the script of it. Canceling this
>> message drops my usage to anywhere from 0% up to about 3%.
>>
>> How many people use this method for editing scripts? I used to a lot,
>> but not so much anymore. Would it be as useful if it were something
>> like command-option-space instead?
>
> How about command-option-click? That way you get the event and don't
> have to waste cycles "looking"...

Curious:  doesn't HyperCard require a Command-Option-Click?  I think the
only other IDE that uses hover is SuperCard.

I wonder why the decision was made to honor SC's more resource-intensive
method over HC's event-driven one....

Yes, I'd cast my vote for the more popular of the two.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation