Cloning oddity

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 03:11:02 EST 2004

--- David Squance <squance at elkvalley.net> wrote:
> I'm not saying there's corruption.  I'm just looking
> for any suggestion as
> to how it might be diagnosed.  The debugger is no
> help, as the script just
> stops running.  The card is cloned--a second copy is
> in place, but the next
> line of the script is not executed.  That line just
> increases a variable by
> 1, which would show in the variable watcher, if it
> happened.
> Dave

Hi Dave,

Sorry to come so lae to the discussion but this
reminds me of a problem I had last year : I cloned a
stack, and the rest of the script didn't get executed.

I narrowed it down to one of the messages in the
preOpenStack/openStack/preOpenCard/openCard chain
coming to a grinding halt when passed all the way to
the engine.

However, adding a 'lock messages' didn't solve the
problem in the IDE, but it worked perfectly fine in
the standalone ; so in the end, I decided to just
suspend the IDE whenever I needed to run the script.

Maybe I should spend some time putting together a good
trouble stack.

Jan Schenkel.

=====