Opening a stack *behind* another stack? (take 2)

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sat Jan 24 13:59:45 EST 2004

On  Sat, 24 Jan 2004 08:36:49 +0900 Doug Lerner <doug at webcrossing.com>
wrote:

> On 1/24/04 1:24 AM, "Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:
>
> >> If I open a stack it always appears at the selected, topmost
> >> stack. But what if I want to open it up *behind* another
> >> stack. For example, after opening it up I might want it to
> >> slide out from behind another stack.
>

> > Check out the "drawer" command.
>

> Doesn't that only open to the side - and only for OS X?
>
> doug

You are right, but you could have a look at my "drawers sample stack".
We had an exchange of information about this August 28th on this list
(Subject: Drawer samples stack).

This stack shows how you can open a stack *behind* another stack and
slide it out from *any* point of the rect of the frontmost stack, even
diagonally and on any platform.

You can find the stack in zipped form "Drawers2.zip" at

"ftp.hrz.uni-kassel.de/pub/uni-kassel/Zentraler.Medienbereich/Sanke/Metacard/MetacardPractice/"

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke