insert script vs start using stack questions

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jan 24 13:22:54 EST 2004

Mark Wieder wrote:

> Thanks. I'm gonna have to read this over a few more times before it
> sinks in, especially the difference between the standalone and IDE
> environments. The hierarchy is trickier than it appears.

In most cases it's transparent:  the various levels of the home stack,
backscripts, and libraries only come into play when you have two handlers
with the same name in different scripts.

More commonly such things are used as repositories of commonly-used
handlers, which will benefit from the same sort of naming conventions
commonly used for such things (see libURL, libSMTP, and others), usually
preceeding a library handler name with the name of the library or some other
distinctive prefix.  This makes it easy to identify where the handler
definition resides no matter where you come across such calls in your code.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation