shutDownRequest being called twice

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Sat Jan 24 09:25:46 EST 2004

I am seeing my "are you sure you want to shut down" twice (the
shutDownRequest handler) prompt twice now.

I think the reason for this is that I added an

insert script for stack "mainstack" into back

so I could make use of the mainstack handlers in all the stacks.

But the shutDownRequest handler looks like this:

on shutDownRequest
  answer "Are you sure you want to quit?" with "No" or "Yes"
  if it is "Yes" then
    pass shutDownRequest
  end if
end shutDownRequest

I need to "pass shutDownRequest". I think the "pass shutDownRequest" is
passing it "up" the path and it is re-encountering itself in the
backScripts.

Any ideas of how to avoid this problem?

Thanks,

doug