custom tab buttons

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 06:12:13 EST 2004

--- Chris Sheffield <revlist at cableone.net> wrote:
> But I think I would prefer to to at least be
> able to set the icons of the tabs in a tab
> control, much like you do for a regular button.
> I find it kind of odd that you can't.  Is this a
> good idea for a feature request, or am I just
> off in left field?
>
> Chris Sheffield

Hi Chris,

I'd like this feature as well ; in fact, I'd like to
see this for all menus (as tabs are menus) :
  set the icon of menuitem 3 of menu "Foo" to bar

This would allow for icons in menubars in true MacOS
Classic + MacOS X + WinXP style (it has probably
reached the Linux side as well, hasn't it ?).

I know that it's not easy to accomplish on the
MacOS-side, as the Carbon Menu Manager expects an
iconHandle ; but I'm sure Tuviah can come up with a
conversion trick ;-)

Jan Schenkel.

=====