Standalone won't launch under OSX

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jan 23 01:58:47 EST 2004

On 1/22/04 11:13 PM, Howard Bornstein wrote:
> I've had several reports of a variety of my OSX standalone apps not
> launching. The reports say that the expanding rectangles appear when the
> application starts to launch, but the app never actually launches. These
> are apps that launch properly on most systems, but occasionally, I get
> the report that the app won't launch.
>
> This has been reported in OS X 10.2.8 and 10.3. Does anyone have an idea
> what would cause a standalone app to start to launch but then never
> complete launching? Has anyone seen this or can you suggest what might
> be going on?

The last time that happened to me, I was missing a component -- in my
case, I had disabled the color picker while running an MC app in OS 9.
The engine needs that available, even if you don't use it. This was a
long time ago though, but the problem may be related.

Check the crash log in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter to see if there is a
clue.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com