substack question

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Thu Jan 22 03:28:23 EST 2004

Doug,

did you try open stack x of stack y of stack z?

After some testing, you dont even need it...

Trick to make it work:
Make a mainstack Stack1
Create a stack2 substack of stack1

At this point you can't create another substack of stack2

Create a mainstack stack3
set the mainstack of stack1 to stack3 et voila!

Open stack2 worked for me...

On 22/01/2004 08:59:22 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>I tried testing, but I get an error saying that the stack I am trying to
>make a mainStack "is not a main stack". That is why I was wondering if I
>couldn't make another substack the mainstack of another stack.
>
>doug
>
>On 1/22/04 4:51 PM, "xbury.cs at clearstream.com" <xbury.cs at clearstream.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I have substacks in substacks... There's just no guarantee that they
can
>> be found at some point by
>> other stacks than their own top stack...
>>
>> But for simplicity's sake, make them all one level deep...
>>
>> Shouldn't be hard to test tough...
>> ---------------------=---------------------
>> Xavier Bury
>> Clearstream Services
>> TNS NT LAN Server
>> ext 36465
>> Voice: +352 4656 43 6465
>> Fax: +352 4656 493 6465
>>

>> Doug Lerner <doug at webcrossing.com>
>> Sent by: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
>> 22/01/04 08:48
>> Please respond to How to use Revolution
>>

>>       To:     How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>>       cc:
>>       Subject:        substack question
>>
>> .
>>

>> Can a stack not be a substack of another substack? In other words, is
the
>> substack hierarchy only a maximum of two deep?
>>
>> doug

>> Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
>>
>> IMPORTANT MESSAGE
>>
>> Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International
>> does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
>>
>> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be
legally
>> privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the
>> intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken
>> or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful.
>> Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender,
except
>> where the sender specifically states them to be the views of
Clearstream