Sockets Behind The Wall

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Jan 22 00:38:00 EST 2004

On 1/21/04 8:54 PM, "Dar Scott" <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

>> Can some kind soul enlighten me as to what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Sure!
>
> Only, I'm not clear on your setup.
>
> Is it this?
>
> A.
> Internet ------ Firewall -----------------------------Client
>                               Server
>
> Or this?
>
> B.
> Client -------- Internet ---------- Firewall ---------Server
>

> Or this?
>
> C.
> Client ---- Firewall ----- Internet ----- Firewall ----Server
>
> If it is A, your firewall (as firewall) should not be a problem.  Just
> point to the private address.

That's what I thought.  Your "A" diagram is the setup I'm testing on, so I
didn't think I needed to use any specially designated port.  But I still
can't seem to get anything happening.  The default port used in the script
is 1987, but I've also used 8080, neither of which seems to make a
difference.  It works fine when client and server stacks are on the same
system, but not when they're on separate local systems.

Anything else I can try?

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director