Hypercard to Rev Question

SimPLsol at aol.com SimPLsol at aol.com
Wed Jan 21 14:35:52 EST 2004

Calvin,
The good news is that it is generally easy to convert HyperCard stacks to
Revolution stacks; there are a few more reserved words and some minor syntax
issues but nothing really hard (probably the hardest thing is the new way of
handling menus). If your experience is the same as mine (HC user since 1987) you
will find Rev. exasperating at the beginning (because that is not how we always
did it) and then you will find Rev. so much better that going back to HC would
be like reliving the '50s.
The bad news is Rev. has nothing even remotely like Reports. Indeed, Rev.
reporting is almost nonexistent. People will probably reply to this post saying
how Rev. reports are as good as HC internal reports; many of these folks have
never used the 9 to 5 Reports. But I know what you are saying; nothing, on any
platform, or any database, is a powerful, fast and flexible as Reports.
Paul Looney
Simple Solutions
San Dimas, California