[OT] Poetry (was Re: Height/width limit on groups?)

Phil Jimmieson P.Jimmieson at csc.liv.ac.uk
Wed Jan 21 04:57:23 EST 2004

>On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 03:31  PM, Thomas J McGrath III wrote:
>
>>My scripts when I know no one will see them are more like
>>put as(mygrs, mygrp, 2233) into mydd1
>>which is just awful......
>>
>>What are some good topics to associate with scripting of this nature?
>
>with Rev's very cool object style you could stash a bunch of
>functions that could allow you to make calls that actually do
>something useful but sound completely off the wall. I love this
>stuff too. I burnt all the free brain cells for today otherwise I'd
>slap something together.
>
>imagine this:
>
>if the dog 8 my homework then
>    change my grade
>end if

Which kind of brings to mind those people who write poetry in the
perl programming language. One quick Google later and I found this
fab example at http://perlmonks.thepen.com/Perl%20Poetry.html :

formline BY, $the_confessional;
pack "IN", $the_box;
bless $me, Father for @I_have_sinned;
time - $last_confession >  20 * 365 * 24 * 60 * 60;
my $father; $I, seek YOUR, $wisdom, $guidance and $support;
$I, sin and $wonder if exists $god{"in heaven"}, each %day;
$I, link "chains across the", exit; @the_orphanage;
$I, pop @children's_balloons for $fun;
$I, do { sleep $around };
$I, push @nuns, $with_a_broom;
$I, read MY_NEIGHBOR'S, $mail, 1 or 30, times, each %month;
$I, import and exp$ort, $illegal_goods;
$oh and local $police_are_looking for @me;
cos $I, kill$ed, $my_mother_in_law;
<FATHER>; tell ME_WHAT_SHOULD_I_DO;
my $son;
eval $your_situation and study $the_bible while $I, $the_police->();
<FATHER>, $Ummm ... wait while $I, split;
exit, $the_confessional;
join "the", @circus;

So, anyone up for writing some Transcript poetry? :-)

--
Phil Jimmieson  phil at csc.liv.ac.uk  (UK) 0151 794 3689  (Mobile) 07976 983164
Computer Science Dept., Liverpool University, Chadwick Building, Peach Street