Password Field

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 20 10:38:23 EST 2004

On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 03:50  AM, Brian Maher wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> What two recipes in the docs did you use?  I looked through those and
> didn't see anything that was applicable.
>
> Brian

Brian,

I opened up the Transcript Dictionary and clicked on "keyDown." I was
looking for anything with "key" in it.

I then looked at the "See Also" menu and went to "Recipe for...
limiting the number of characters in a field." I also looked at "Recipe
for... rejecting non-digit characters in a field."

I went to the Transcript Dictionary and clicked on "contains" to
refresh my memory. I got this: "Compares two strings and evaluates to
true if the first contains the second, false if not."

So with three cut and pasted examples of code and about five tests I
was able to get something thrown together with a little humor thrown in
for good measure. I don't recommend using that section that gives away
the length of the password. I just put that in to show text
manipulation. I knew to go to the Transcript Dictionary and search for
anything that had to do with the keys & contains.

Mark