templateGraphic questions

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Mon Jan 19 07:47:44 EST 2004

I thought that the templateGraphic settings got reset after the new graphic
was created, but it seems that it sometimes happens even before the new
graphic gets created.

The following doc section is probably relevant here:

"The properties of the templateGraphic are reset to their defaults when all
running handlers finish executing."

This might also explain why I am seeing different effects when running from
the IDE and from the standalone app.

In this particular case, which handlers are "all the running handlers"? Is
there any scope that is relevant? Is there some way of "keeping the
templateGraphic" properties alive until the graphic object is finally
created?

Thanks,

doug