more on no openCard message issue

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Mon Jan 19 01:36:59 EST 2004

On 1/19/04 2:43 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> On 1/18/04 10:14 PM, Doug Lerner wrote:
>
>> I did a line by line examination of the message watcher as the cloned stack
>> opens and is shown.
>>
>> The preOpenStack message is the only message among
>> preOpenStack/openStack/preOpenCard/openCard to get sent.
>>
>> Any idea why that might happen?
>
> I just tried cloning a stack from the message box and kept an eye on the
> message watcher. I got:
>
> preOpenCard
> resumeStack
> openStack
> openCard
>
> That's still not all of them, but "openstack" is in there.

Something I am doing in my preOpenCard must be causing the rest of the
handlers to not get sent then.

Are there commands there - like setting stack custom properties - that would
block subsequent messages?

Because the openCard is definitely not being sent unless I specifically add

    send "openCard"

message to the cloned stack.

doug