Scrolling Cards

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jan 18 13:01:36 EST 2004

On 1/18/04 9:13 AM, Jim Carwardine wrote:

> I have more buttons in the gallery group than I want to display on the card
> at one time.  The user will want to store an unspecified number of
> thumbnails on these buttons, allowing navigation to the specific cards they
> are linked to.  Thus, my reason for scrolling the group.  I was hoping for
> similar flexibility to a browser window on an internet browser whereby the
> user has an option of making the card/stack window smaller and the group
> will still scroll.  The rest of the card below the gallery will also
> eventually be grouped and scrolled in the same way if I can get it to work.
>
> I removed the lock location from the buttons inside the group and the
> behaviour is still the same.  In fact, it's consistent which makes me think
> there is something fundamental I'm doing wrong.  I've been in IT for over 30
> years and one thing I've learned over and over is that if you encounter an
> unsolvable problem, when you find it, it's going to be embarrassing.

LOL! This is certainly the truth, and I've been embarrassed myself more
than once. :)

> Here's what I want... Size of gallery is 780,106.  Position is
> 220,0,1000,106.  Location 610,53.  Rect of stack on open is 8,89,1014,721.
>
> Here's what I'm getting on openStack... Size of gallery is 1387,97.
> Position is 220,-1,1607,96.  Location 913,47.  Rect of stack on open is
> 77,114,1014,753.
>
> I've changed nothing, just quit Rev and restarted and reopened the file and
> the size of the stack window and it's position have changed.  AND it's
> consistently giving me the same altered size and position when it reopens.
>
> If I just leave it in its altered size and position, don't reposition the
> scrolling group, save and close the file, when it repoens, it is the same
> size and position.  It hasn't changed again.  So whatever is happening, it
> seems to be related to the scrolling group.
>
> The fact that you can't reproduce it is also curious.

What you are describing sounds exactly like the group isn't really
locked. Does the group have a name? Or if it doesn't, find out its
number. Adjust its size to how you want it. Then in the message box, type:

  set the lockloc of grp "myScrollingGroup" to true

That's all I can think of that could be going on. It is tricky to know
sometimes whether you have really selected the group or simply one of
its objects. The above command should overcome that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com