Scrolling Cards

Jim Carwardine JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com
Sun Jan 18 10:13:08 EST 2004

I have more buttons in the gallery group than I want to display on the card
at one time.  The user will want to store an unspecified number of
thumbnails on these buttons, allowing navigation to the specific cards they
are linked to.  Thus, my reason for scrolling the group.  I was hoping for
similar flexibility to a browser window on an internet browser whereby the
user has an option of making the card/stack window smaller and the group
will still scroll.  The rest of the card below the gallery will also
eventually be grouped and scrolled in the same way if I can get it to work.

I removed the lock location from the buttons inside the group and the
behaviour is still the same.  In fact, it's consistent which makes me think
there is something fundamental I'm doing wrong.  I've been in IT for over 30
years and one thing I've learned over and over is that if you encounter an
unsolvable problem, when you find it, it's going to be embarrassing.

Here's what I want... Size of gallery is 780,106.  Position is
220,0,1000,106.  Location 610,53.  Rect of stack on open is 8,89,1014,721.

Here's what I'm getting on openStack... Size of gallery is 1387,97.
Position is 220,-1,1607,96.  Location 913,47.  Rect of stack on open is
77,114,1014,753.

I've changed nothing, just quit Rev and restarted and reopened the file and
the size of the stack window and it's position have changed.  AND it's
consistently giving me the same altered size and position when it reopens.

If I just leave it in its altered size and position, don't reposition the
scrolling group, save and close the file, when it repoens, it is the same
size and position.  It hasn't changed again.  So whatever is happening, it
seems to be related to the scrolling group.

The fact that you can't reproduce it is also curious.

I'm using the demo copy of Rev. v 2.1.2 on a G3 Powerbook, 320MB, 4 GB
running OS 9.2.2.

Jim

--

OYF is... Highly resourceful people working together.
<http://www.OwnYourFuture-net.com>

Own Your Future Consulting Services Limited,
1959 Upper Water Street, Suite 407, Halifax, Nova Scotia. B3J 3N2
Info Line: 902-823-2477, Phone: 902-823-2339. Fax: 902-823-2139