How to detect Classic?

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Jan 15 22:43:42 EST 2004

I have an app that I built for both PPC & OS X. The 2 systems handle
file paths differently so I have a routine to convert from one to the
other depending on "the systemVersion". The problem is that I was
testing the PPC version using Classic from inside OS X. My conversion
routine wasn't working so none of the expected files could be found. I
finally tracked this down to the fact that when running in Classic as
opposed to having booted into OS 9, the systemVersion still returns
10.3.2

So the Rev engine thought it was still operating in OS X but insisted
on OS 9 file paths! Does anyone have any ideas on how to detect when an
OS 9 app is running in Classic? I guess if not, I'll just have to do
separate builds for each version with the system type stored in a
custom property.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au