Problems with standalones mac/windows

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 15 21:48:43 EST 2004

It is much simpler of a problem to fix.

Just have the user hold the control key and choose 'download link to
disk' in OSX.  I think you can hold the option/alt key down while
clicking with the mouse and go right to the download.

The other simple solution is to convert the file from a .rev file which
acts more like a text file(which loads in a browser window), to a .sit
or .hqx etc. file which will then 'auto' download when clicked because
that is browser expected behavior for those formats.