Restricting graphics to a field?

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Thu Jan 15 19:17:56 EST 2004

Sorry, I did it again, sending  before finishing.

>> Message: 4
>> Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:06:59 -0700
>> From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>
>> Subject: Re: Restricting graphics to a field?
>> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>>

>> On Thursday, January 15, 2004, at 10:52 AM, Jan Schenkel wrote:
>>
>>> For some bizarre reason I was getting a huge strain of
>>> mouseLeave/mouseEnter pairs whenever I moved the mouse
>>> or tried to click.
>>
>> Rats!  And it sounded like a good idea.
>>
>> This might take lock messages in key places.  Or fasting.
>>
>> Dar Scott
>>

> Is this kind of doing what you are looking for?
> Group some radiobuttons with tool names
> !!! be careful the tool names are case sensitive
Put a field under image "xxx" slightly larger than the image.
Because once a line is drawn into an image and if the image
is not filled with a color, it starts acting as a transparent image
and not passing mouse messages on the free and not by
line enclosed parts of the drawing.
Set the script of the field to the following:

> on mousemove
>   if the mouseloc is within the rect of img "xxx"  then
>     if the mouse is not down then
>       put the hilitedbuttonname of group "tools" into a
>       choose a tool
>       checkformousewithin
>     end if
>   end if
> end mousemove
>
> on checkformousewithin
>   if  the mouseloc is within the rect of img "xxx" or the mouse is
> down then
>     send "checkformousewithin" to me in 100 millisecs
>   else
>     choose browse tool
### take this out, only a left over
    --- set the checking of me to false

>   end if
> end checkformousewithin
>
> mouseEnter and mouseLeave messages are not always trustworthy with
> superposed controls and can screw up a handler depending on it.
>
> Greetings,
> WA

Regreetings,
WA