RevConference - Client Server vs Stateless

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jan 15 14:25:03 EST 2004

Thanks for the info Jerry.  I have been very interested in using
Revolution as a front-end for quite some time now.  I have a client who
runs all of their customer management, quote generation, etc. through
the web which uses PHP/MySQL, DHTML and Flash.  The system has evolved
over a 2 year period and I can assure you that I *abhor* designing
interfaces using current web technologies.  Flash MX 2004 is a little
better in this regard but it is still a pain to develop in IMHO.  I've
wanted to create a Revolution front-end to this system for quite some
time which wouldn't be difficult because the web app already separates
the data from the interface.  I would just have to add some code to
output the PHP arrays in XML.

The only thing holding me back is that the client I would use this for
is in the medical industry and security is a major concern.  I would
need to do all of the authentication and data transfer using SSL which
isn't available in Rev yet.  Have you had to address security concerns
with any of your current implementations?

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia