RevConference - Client Server vs Stateless

Jerry Daniels mato.kola at wanblizaptan.com
Thu Jan 15 13:57:31 EST 2004

Jim,

Here is the outline of my talk from the Rev Confab. It could serve as a
basis for discussion and/or choosing areas of interest for you and
others who are interested.

You may also want to look at our company's site for discussion (and
hype) regarding thin client and desktop web appliances:

   http://www.daniels-mara.com

Best,

Jerry

**************************

DESKTOP WEB APPLIANCES
(aka “Thin Clients”)

WHY THIN CLIENT?
     High perceived value (e.g., iTunes, Groove)
     Offers control:
         Financial
         Security
         Presentation
     Facilitates data entry (great for admin modules)
     Easy to deploy (double click)
     Adjunct to web apps
     A marketable  $ervice (a great differentiator)

DEVELOPMENT
     N-tier is cool:
         Teamwork
         Distributed logic