RevConference - Client Server vs Stateless

Jim Lyons jimlyons at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 15 11:53:00 EST 2004

Jerry Daniels wrote:

> Here are 12 reasons that I like/prefer N-Tier (client-web server/app
> server-database) architecture:
> Hopefully, all that answers at least some of your questions. Let me
> know if you have more.

I am one of the many Rev users who wish they could have been at the
conference, and my main interest in going was the session on using Rev
"thin clients" with a PHP/MySQL server. I have done some limited
development in the past with DB-backed sites, and have groaned with
frustration trying to make a decent user interface in a browser. I am
giddy with the possibilities of using a Rev app as my front end for
private collaboration sites I am working on.

Anyway, now I want to get into the nuts and bolts of this. Are there
resources available from your session, or other resources for
guidance/tips/examples on implementing this? Thanks.

Jim Lyons