Why are there "text formatting" options for image objects?

Ops ops at myesa.com
Thu Jan 15 11:27:37 EST 2004

I would like to have an image object where I can change the
backgroundcolor...for images with text, I thought I'd use the "noop" ink
because the docs say that the backgound will be tranparent but "text
will still show through", yet I can't seem to figure out how to PUT text
on an image...and since "text formatting" exists for image objects, I
have to assume there is *some way* to put text (that will "show
through") on an image object.  Is there an image type I can use that has
"layers" where Rev can color one layer (background) with, say white and
another layer (text) black?  In this scenerio, I'd like to switch the
image "background" between white and gray, still letting the black text
"show through".