some choose tool question

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Thu Jan 15 05:26:56 EST 2004

On 1/15/04 7:21 PM, "Jan Schenkel" <janschenkel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Doug Lerner <doug at webcrossing.com> wrote:
>> If I "choose graphic tool" and draw a graphic, the
>> cursor then switches to
>> the pointer tool.
>>
>> If I force it to stay as the graphic tool (in the
>> newGraphic handler, for
>> example) how can I ever use mouseLeave or mouseEnter
>> again so I can select
>> another tool in a palette of tools?
>>
>> doug
>>

> Hi Doug,
>
> I'm not sure why you'd need a mouseLeave or mouseEnter
> message for selecting a tool in a palette ; when you
> click in a palette stack, the 'topStack' should still
> point to the stack you were in.
>
> Hope this helped,
>
> Jan Schenkel.

I guess I am not quite clear of the special functionality of a palette
stack. The docs explanation seems to be just that it is an non-editable
stack with a narrower title bar.

Does moving the cursor into a stack that is a palette always force the
browser tool to be selected?

Is it just not practical to attempt to keep the tools as buttons in the same
card I am modifying/drawing into?

doug