CGI Presentation at Revolution Seminar

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Wed Jan 14 14:38:48 EST 2004

Pierre,

Thanks for the answer.

Regarding RedHat, is there a recommended complete
configuration for a server that will be used for a
dedicated web app, with :
- MC/Rev CGI
- quite a lot of HTML
- a database (don't know yet wether it'll be mySQL, PostgreSQL,
Valentina, or perhaps simple flat files)
- a few automated tasks via chron jobs
- automated emails...

IOW nothing really special...

My question concerns the combination of Linux, Apache, a
firewall, SMTP, etc. which versions, any special thing to
take care of...
My ISP will configure the whole thing, but I first need to
make choices and recommendations to my client...

Please reply off-list if you think few ppl will be thrilled
by such an accumulation of OT details...

Thanks in advance,
JB