Killing one annoying feature in RR...

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Wed Jan 14 04:43:35 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

While pounding on how to replace the script editor in RR, I found the
trick to remove
the most annoying feature in RR which is the uncontroled control-Alt or
(Control-Option on macs)
which invokes the script editor...

How many times have you edited a script of an object unwilingly while
holding control-Alt?

99.999% of the other IDEs and editors I've used use a CLICK to edit
something!

To fix this most annoying feature, you need to edit the frontscript button
"RevFrontScript"
(double click it from the message box after showing the frontscripts.

Go to the bottom of the script,
look for the line "edit script of the mouseControl" at the end of the handler revScriptEdit
Just add "If the mouse is down then" before the "edit script of the
mouseControl"

Voila...
Now it still doesn't respond instantaneously because of the
   <<send "revScriptEdit" to me in 500 milliseconds>> above...

Be my guest to replace that too!
Changes are done at your own risk naturally! ;)
But it works like HyperCard again...

Whoever thought of that feature deserves a cream pie! ;)

Cheers to rescripting the revolution
Xavier

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER