Windows ODBC Recordset Navigation Problems

KumaSoftDev kumasoftdev at bignewfs.com
Tue Jan 13 21:19:52 EST 2004

I am using Run Rev on Windows XP Pro.

I have created a query against an ODBC database.  I have added Edit Fields to a Card and bound them to a query using the "Database" properties of each field.  I have then put 4 buttons on the Card and used the "Database" properties of each to map to the operations First Record, Last Record, Next Record, and Previous Record.

Unfortunately, only the Next Record functionality seems to be working.  The other buttons neither change the record not throw an error.

I am having the same results with both MS Access and Firebird ODBC drivers.  These drivers DO work as expected within other programs (Access and R:Base).

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks.