RevConference - Client Server vs Stateless

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 18:16:05 EST 2004

on 13 Jan 2004 01:13:43 +0100
Pierre Sahores wrote:

>HyperChris at aol.com wrote:
> In Jerry Daniels presentation on thin clients he
>stated a strong preference against using the
>client-server model, which I took to be Rev
>talking to the database directly, in favor of
>what he called a stateless model in which
>rev made http calls to the Apache/MySQL/PHP setup.

Http calls to Apache/MySQL/PHP setup...
I need to learn more about this topic.
I'll like to create an interface within MC/RR
to the services of yahoo: mail, briefcase,
groups and geocities websites.

Could you point me to the knowledge that I need to
learn so I can try to make this interface?

Probably, Yahoo uses some kind of database too,
so from their html forms pages it could be possible
to learn something. Right?

Thanks in advance.

al

=====