Uh... yet Game Programming... or Is there a way to build tilemap graphics in Rev?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jan 12 12:47:06 EST 2004

Alex Rice wrote:

> I bet you could gain some speed by moving that field lookup into a
> custom property. Field accesses are slower than custom property
> accesses.

...by about an order of magnitude, depending on what's in the field.

> It would be interesting to know if 2D arrays would be faster than
> item/line chunking.

In my tests here I've found that for operations involving sequential access
of all items in a list/elements in an array, stepping the rough each line is
about 20% faster than stepping through each array element.

But for random access arrays are several times faster than line chunks.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation