A couple of graphic object questions

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 07:24:10 EST 2004

--- Doug Lerner <doug at webcrossing.com> wrote:
> After a new graphic object is created, is the name
> of the object in "it"?
> How do we know that the graphic object is created?
>
> Is there a convenient list of all the graphic
> objects on a card?
>
> Thanks,
>
> doug

Hi Doug,

When an object is created, the engine will send a
message : 'newField' for fields, 'newGraphic' for
graphics, etc.

As for a convenient list : you can address graphics by
number, so to get a list of their long IDs, you would
do something like.
--
repeat with i = 1 to the number of graphics
  put the long id of graphic i & return after \

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====