Flute Tuner

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Jan 12 01:02:51 EST 2004

Nelson-

>> Even looking at just an A-440Hz signal, though, that means looking
>> looking for a transition every 1.8 milliseconds. System ticks aren't
>> that accurate.

NZ> The program wouldn't report more often than maybe a fifth of second
NZ> (averaging maybe 50 cycles) or else the output gets too jittery.

...and true to form I miscalculated the period in my head. It's
actually 1.14 milliseconds per transition. I was referring to you
trying to figure out the frequency yourself by checking the period of
the incoming waveform, not the reporting interval. I think this is
something that's better off done in hardware, or as close to the
hardware as you can get.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net