Converting Hexadecimal in Binary

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 02:28:43 EST 2004

on Sat Jan 10 21:46:35 EST 2004
Ken Ray wrote:

>> This is 400% faster than original!!!!!!!!!!

>Actually, I got a MUCH greater time savings,
>Alejandro... I'm running a 2.2GHz WinXP machine
>with 1GB of memory and the times I received from
>your stack are as follows:

>"Original = 5.866667 seconds
>"200% Faster" = 0.25 seconds (23x Faster!)
>"400% Faster" = 0.166667 seconds (35x Faster!)

My best time here are 0.54 seconds with the
"400% faster", but I have an AMD running a 500 mhz
with Win98.

>Just FYI... The final one is nearly instantaneous to
>me - btw: are you going to make this into part of a
>public library at some point? :-)

The credits goes to Dar Scott who shared his
extensive experience with binary conversions.

Actually, i only feel responsable for the
original slow function. :)

I'll include these handlers in the epsImportv04
to import some embedded images and the epsExportv01
to export embedded images in the stack to .ai files.

(Nobody hold your breath, waiting for the release
of these two utilities stacks) ;)

By the way Ken, did you receive my mail about
encrypted stacks?

al

=====
Visit my site: