Newbie Questions

Jim Carwardine JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com
Sat Jan 10 11:29:14 EST 2004

Short List of Questions...

1. Is there a search function that searches all the repositories of Rev.
knowledge... especially the list archives over all years? And, BTW, what are
all the repositories of knowledge?

2. If I have a button that is grouped so that it behaves like a bg btn in HC
can I have a different icon for each card in that button?  I know in HC I
can¹t because the button icon is shared in the background, but how about
Rev?  Would I have to keep it a card button and copy/paste it explicitly
when i create a new card under script control?

3. If I give a button a custom icon (like a thumbnail jpg), I notice that
Rev gives it an icon number.  Is that number unique to the button?  I think
yes...

4. How do I reference a button in a group?... and, related to this, If I
want to add a button to a scrolling group (the button position may be
scrolled out of sight when I add it), how do I do it and get the position of
the new button in the group spaced right?

5. I¹m creating a set of custom nav buttons that allow the user to jump to a
specific card of their choice.  These buttons have the icon of the card
button mentioned in question 2, so I¹m transferring the thumbnail icon to
the nav button, which of course will be seen on every card, by transferring
the pictPath of the card button.  If the user chooses to place a new picture
on the original card button, will the thumbnail icon of the nav button
change as well?

6. What¹s a plugin and how do I use it?  The Rev docs doesn¹t give an answer
as far as I can tell.

Sorry for the long list.  I¹m sure some of these are answered in the
knowledge base, I just can¹t find them... hence my first question.
Thanks... Jim
--

OYF is... Highly resourceful people working together.
<http://www.OwnYourFuture-net.com>

Own Your Future Consulting Services Limited,
1959 Upper Water Street, Suite 407, Halifax, Nova Scotia. B3J 3N2
Info Line: 902-823-2477, Phone: 902-823-2339. Fax: 902-823-2139