cardImage() function

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 19:48:32 EST 2004

on Fri Jan 9
Dar Scott wrote:

>> function cardsImage theStack theCard   -- ****
>>   local tCurrentCardImage, tOldBuffer, tID
>>   put the topstack into qwerty         -- ****
>>   lock screen                          -- ****
>>   go to card theCard of stack thestack -- ****

>Should the body of this function go here?
>And then "go back"?

I don't remember any other way to go to a selected
card in another stack.
Notice that I suppose that the stack that you want to
take the card image is not hidden, but if you prefers
to hide that stack probably you could erase the lines
that lock and unlock the screen.

>>  toplevel qwerty                      -- ****

>Is this

>>  unlock screen                        -- ****
>>  put the alwaysBuffer of stack theStack into
>>  tOldBuffer
[snip]
>>   return tCurrentCardImage
>> end cardsImage

>Will all this restore defaultStack, too?
>If "go to" is used, then maybe the a function
>that calls the older smaller function might be
>used; the stack references in the body of
>this might not be needed.

>If "go to" goes to a card and the stack is already
>there, are there messages?

Yes, but using "Lock Messages" could stop them.

al

=====
Visit my site:
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/