How to distinguish between multiple clones of a stack?

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 9 09:30:38 EST 2004

Doug,

 From what I understand, this is not a good thing to do. FWIW you can
clone a stack and then change the name and then set it to the mainStack
"Whatever" and for that matter change it's size location and add
scripts to it all via scripts.

In fact my experience shows that this is preferred over the single line
message box method. I experienced very weird behavior so switched to
putting a script in my main stack temporarily to build clones and
change them in one step.

The big thing to watch out for is in the naming of the clones!! Do not
use just numbers!! It will crash the stack and mess things up. I used a
series of numbers to build substacks like "13i" , "13ii" etc based upon
certain things and then one clone was "17" with on i in it and wham
there came the crash and a substack that could not be deleted and
caused the stack to not work. Luckily this list helped me and I had a
back up.

TOm