Uh... yet Game Programming... or Is there a way to build tilemap graphics in Rev?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Fri Jan 9 01:12:48 EST 2004

	Hi Folks,

	I am getting back to one of my most beloved hobbies, game programming.
I decided to do a couple games for handheld units (GP32,
http://english.gamepark.com), then I thought, why the hell not code for
computers too? I am trying to do a simple tilemap game, like Zelda
series for GameBoy... I used to code this kind of stuff in C or in
Pascal, but now I have Revolution that would give me not only a easy
way, but a multi-plataform way... The problem is, I don't know anything
about bliting sprites in Rev or building a tilemap in Rev... how can
one do that? Is there any functions for bliting a sprite at a x,y pos?
Don't know, I am a little lost. All I did in Rev till today involved
XML, Internet and MySQL, nothing about graphics or building graphics at
runtime.

	Can someone here point me to some resource? I did a little Myst-like
Clone in Rev and was thinking about trying something more masochist
like a adventure engine, but I decide to be humble and begin small with
tilemap games.

	Any info is greatelly apreciated since I've got no info. I just don't
want to set a background and fly buttons in it... I would like a canvas
where I could draw... :-D

	Cheers

Andre Garzia ð 2003
imac2 ibook p100 e uma torradeira....