Rev Crash Again!

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 8 16:09:51 EST 2004

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:07:53 -0400, Jim Carwardine
<JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com> wrote:

[a heartfelt cry about a crash in Rev to do with PixMapIDs]

As a very latecomer to this topic (I'm a digest reader who has built up a
bit of a backlog), I note that Jim had a script which did:

>   set the imagePixMapID of img "Gallery Image" to (the pixMapID of stack
> pStackPath)

I just noticed that in the TD it says:

>Use the imagePixmapID property to pass the window ID to an external that
>needs to manipulate the window.
>
>Value:
>The imagePixmapID of a stack is an integer.
>
>This property is read-only and cannot be set.

To me this says that if you try to set this property, the results could be
unpredictable. However I note that other listers seem unperturbed by this -
how come?

Graham