Conceptual question about opening multiple windows ofthesamekind

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jan 8 12:34:25 EST 2004

> > If it is multiple "documents" of the same type, I'd use
> cloning. You
> > don't even have to delete them; clones reside in memory only unless
> > you save them to disk, so as soon as you close a clone it's gone.
>
> What do you mean by multiple documents? Is a window/stack in
> this case considered a "document"?

Yes, I guess. What I meant was a stack that is fundamentally the same
structure but with different content (think Microsoft Word or a painting
program that lets you open multiple canvasses). In this case, I'd open
the "original" invisibly, clone it, and close the original. Then the
user can work in the cloned window and it will dispose of itself
automatically when closed.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com