replace text in url field

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 8 11:58:37 EST 2004

I do this in my preOpenCard.
I get the default directory then put my own path into it - afterwards I
put the default back.
I then get a list of the available images.
I then replace parts I need and sort the field and then put back parts.
But you could do any kind of renaming with maybe a global that has the
last name used so none over lap.
in preopencard
-snip-
    put the directory into altdir
     put defaultFolder & "/media/31i/" into the_path
     set the directory to the_path
     put the files into theimages
     set the directory to altdir

   if char 1 of line 1 of theimages = "." then delete line 1 of
theimages -- .dsstore on mac
   repeat with c = 1 to the number of lines in theimages
     delete char 1 to 5 of line c of theimages
   end repeat
   sort lines of theimages numeric
   repeat with c = 1 to the number of lines in theimages
     put "Slide" before line c of theimages -- you could put anything
here including another repeat with accumulating numbers
   end repeat

-snip-

On Jan 8, 2004, at 9:37 AM, Bob Hartley wrote:

>  files bob_raw01.pic 02.pic and 03.pic. My app lists the files and
> allows me to transfer them. It works great.

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.1, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.1.2

Advanced Media Group
Thomas J McGrath III	• 2003 •	3mcgrath at adelphia.net
220 Drake Road, Bethel Park, PA 15102