Win98 loses path

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jan 8 11:33:14 EST 2004

On Thursday, January 8, 2004, at 08:12 AM, Thomas J McGrath III wrote:

>> 1. try displaying it in a test version and go from there.
> What kind of test? like one image and a close box?

Add this temporary line (or similar):

    put defaultFolder into field "copyright notice"

Use some field that is wide and whose contents won't mess up anything.

Did the xp and w2k test work ok if the app is double clicked?

I get the impression you don't have ready access to '98, but can test
on XP, 2000, OS X and Mac 9.

I use Virtual PC on both OS X and Windows.  Uh.  I mean I have it on
both, but I use it most on Windows.  This might be handy if you are
short operating systems and platforms.  Startup CDs work fine.  I had
an MSDN Universal subscription but let it expire.  To get all OS's, you
can get by with a lesser subscription.  Since you are not installing in
these tests, you might be able to borrow an old notebook computer from
somebody.

It might be that somebody on this list is interested in the process of
making multiplatform CDs, has '98, and is motivated to run some tests.
It might happen.

My kids and I finished a Christmas CD late the 24th.  We didn't take
time to test on '98, so it probably has problems.  I know to check next
time.  I was surprised that the Mac OS version of an app did not need
to be bin'd.  I didn't even take time to figure out why.

Dar Scott