replace text in url field

Bob Hartley bob at armbase.com
Thu Jan 8 09:37:49 EST 2004

Hi all

I have an application that searches for files produced by my microscope. If
I save an image file "bob" it creates a set of files bob_raw01.pic 02.pic
and 03.pic. My app lists the files and allows me to transfer them. It works
great.

However the old microscope creates a directory called "bob" with files
raw01.pic raw02.pic raw03.pic. If I have more than one image file all the
files are called raw01.pic raw02.pic raw03.pic. IE if I copy four files
over thay all get over written.

Is there a way to read a directory path eg C:\experiments\bob\image1\ and
rename all the raw01.pic raw02.pic raw03.pic files image101.pic
image102.pic image103.pic and then in the next directory
C:\experiments\bob\image2\  raw01.pic raw02.pic raw03.pic files
image201.pic image202.pic image203.pic?

All the best

Bob