Update a global when going to a stack as modal

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jan 8 09:30:54 EST 2004

> Alas, I am declaring it in both place.  Have you done this
> specific thing successfully in the past?

I've done this as well, although I'm now using the convention of setting
"the dialogData" before calling my modal dialog, and then setting the
dialogData from the modal dialog before it closes. This works the same
as a global, but to me it is better (a) because its intention is to get
data from a dialog, (b) I don't need to declare any globals, and (c) I
don't have globals "hanging around" that need to be cleared.

Check out the Transcript Dictionary under "dialogData".

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/