Rev Crash Again! ... cardImage() function

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Thu Jan 8 08:47:38 EST 2004

> On 08 Jan 2004, at 06:41, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
> wrote:
>

>> Message: 9
>> Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 22:00:37 -0700
>> From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>
>> Subject: Re: Rev Crash Again!  ... cardImage() function
>> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>

snip

>> I'd be pleased to hear how this works.  Or doesn't work.
>>
>> Dar
>>

> Hi Dar,
>
> That code is only safe if the window you are getting the imagePixMapID
> from is visible.
> (then why not using the import snapshot command, which is less prone
> to crash the app, as the window of the pixMapID "must" be visible(at
> least on my rig). Until this buggyness gets cleaned up)
>
> Greetings,
>
> WA

Corrections.
After a clean install of rev with no plugins, the code works as long as
the referenced imagepixmap exists in memory.
This means one can reference hidden stacks. Otherwise no error is
thrown and rev crashes.
In metacard the code works only  if the own pixMapID is referenced.
Referencing other stacks crashes metacard irrevocably.

Sorry for the fuzz,
WA