Win98 loses path

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jan 8 02:04:23 EST 2004

On Wednesday, January 7, 2004, at 10:57 PM, Thomas J McGrath III wrote:

> OK, my relative paths are messed up!!
>
> I put the autorun.inf file at the root level of my CD. It points to
> "open=unity\UnityCD.exe" where the executable is in a folder called
> "Unity". In that same folder is my images folder called "media".
> Anyway, it works and auto runs the standalone app on Win XP and Win
> 2000.

Some ideas...

Does double clicking on the app allow the images to be seen?
If so, then for Windows, something might be amiss with the
defaultFolder.

You might...
1. try displaying it in a test version and go from there.
2. try putting a copy of media at the root.
3. try testing for this situation and changing the defaultFolder.
4. try fiddling with a batch file that changes the working directory or
something.

Are your image paths like this:  media/bell.gif
Or like this: ./media/bell.gif
?

I have some vague memory of the working directory being different for
98 and 2000 with autorun, but I don't know what is what.

If you have to get something out the door, you might try #2.  It is
ugly, but it might work.

Just some ideas.

Dar Scott