Pencil to Browse tool switch

Ronald Zellner zellner at tamu.edu
Wed Jan 7 16:26:16 EST 2004

This should be basic, but it doesn't want to cooperate.

I have a button which chooses the pencil tool so the user can draw in
an image rectangle.  There is also a button to choose the eraser tool
that works fine if the browser tool is active, but it will not respond
if clicked when the pencil tool is active.

  The cursor also remains as the pencil (doesn't switch to an arrow as
the documentation states it should)  even after moving out of the image
rectangle.  I know many commands require the browse tool to operate but
I need a way for the user to switch from the pencil to the eraser.  Any
solutions?

Ron Zellner