slightly off-topic: mac odbc

Steve Ralston sralston at dyton.com
Wed Jan 7 13:18:38 EST 2004

I need to have an app talk to a MySQL database using a User DSN. I have no problem setting up the ODBC on the pc, but the ODBC Administrator on my OSX mac doesn't make a lot of sense to me. On the pc I provide the ODBC manager with the database name, server
name,  username and password, and I can test the connection and it tells me the connection is successful. I don't see similar capabilities on the mac, so I'm guessing I'm missing something. Thanks very much to anyone who can help me understand this better.

Steve Ralston