stack handler unavailable from cd script?!

Eric Engle engleerica at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 04:32:33 EST 2004

I want to thank Rob for his tips; basically this appears to have been due to a
system error or a syntax error in the parent scripts (i.e. at the stack or more
likely card script). Some lines parsed properly in hypercard, not in
revolution.

I thought it might have been memory leakage or some other arcane os problem.
However I had already cold booted to test for this before writing the list.

I'm fairly sure it must have been a syntax error due to an ommitted quotation
mark in a string - the card script had lots of string variables.

Anyway, the problem is solved: I would have written quicker to say "don't
bother answering" but figured it was too late. Anyway I needed a nights rest to
re-read the card script to check for any syntax errors.

The only other possibility would have been "orphan code". when I have an old
handler I've modified I sometimes keep the old code so:

on mouseup
  newCode
end mouseup

oldcode
moreoldcode

the old code not being in a handler doesn't bother hypercard - though in
metacard it sometimes generates error messages. I presume it does not execute
at runtime since the oldcode is no longer in a handler.

Anyway - thanks!

=====
What I love about spam is realizing how profitable emotional insecurity can be for those who think they're somehow sexually inadequate. I get spam all the time offering to enlarge my breasts and lengthen my penis. And all I can ask is: which first? At least I know once I decide I will have a profitable future as a TV model...

"To create a new standard takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and captures people's imaginations. Macintosh meets that standard." -Bill Gates

"Those who would trade liberty for security, deserve neither." - Benjamin
Franklin.
What would _you say to a constitutional amendment to give the president dictatorial powers?
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/nation/6007732.htm