Interfaces: PC and MAC and the screenGamma property...

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Jan 4 14:36:43 EST 2004

On 1/4/04 10:57 AM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> In short, if the problem of color correction is universal, why can't there
> be a universal solution?

IMHO, I would say because of the hardware, or the way the hardware is
manufactured.  To be done well, color correction must be done on a system by
system basis.  Different monitors display color differently, as do different
printers, as do different scanners.  To get all the variables of image
display in synch requires a good deal of time, experimentation and cost.

Getting back to image display in Rev: I've made the following comment before
but it bears repeating.  You can spend countless hours finessing the color
of your on-screen images to follow some kind of standard, but the standard
is irrelevant when you get to a user who doesn't know their monitor is set
to 256 colors.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director