Issues with stack rectangle settings?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jan 4 02:35:58 EST 2004

On 1/4/04 12:22 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>

>>On 1/3/04 7:17 PM, Doug Lerner wrote:
>>

>>>I have this one substack that just *never* seems to open where I want or
>>>with the size I want.
>>>
>>>All the other substacks do. Just not this one. It is driving me crazy.
>>
>>I have reported a bug where this happens if the mainstack has no menu
>>bar and the substack does have one. There are some resizing issues in
>>that situation.
>

> Good diagnosis!  How did you pin that down?

I'm not entirely sure I have, but I submitted an example stack to
Bugzilla and that's the setup it had. So I think that's it.

I just noticed though that I misinformed Doug, because the bug I saw was
in OS X and he says he sees the problem on Windows.

> I'd been looking for the recipe for a while, to no avail...

If you ever find time to set up a trial stack and you get the same
problem, I'd be curious to know. One thing to watch for is that the
resizing bug doesn't happen at all in the IDE, it only happens in
standalones or if you suspend the development tools. That makes it
difficult to reproduce.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com